Meet Daniel Behroozan, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Daniel Behroozan, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Board Certified Dermatologist
Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon, Dermatologic Surgeon, Laser Surgeon and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Raised in Los Angeles, Dr. Daniel Behroozan is the Founder and Director of the Dermatology Institute of Southern California, dedicated to comprehensive, state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr. Behroozan is a diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Fellow of the Skin Cancer Foundation, and Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery in the Division of Dermatology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. In addition Dr. Behroozan serves as an expert witness for the medical board of California.
As a highly gifted student, Dr. Behroozan graduated from high school at the age of sixteen at which time he started his undergraduate training at UCLA. During his undergraduate education, he was a twelve time recipient of the Dean’s Honor Roll Award, received the National Honor Roll Award, Golden Key National Honor Award, and the Phi Sigma National Biology Honor Award. Dr. Behroozan graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with a B.S. in Neuroscience and was awarded college honors at graduation for exemplary academic accomplishments. Moreover, he received the coveted Chancellor’s Service Award for his commitment to community service as an undergraduate.
Dermatologist in Beverly Hills
Dr. Behroozan’s medical education was also completed at UCLA where he was awarded the prestigious Lazar Merit Scholarship and the American College of Physicians Preceptorship Scholarship. Throughout his medical education, his academic accomplishments led to being awarded the Western Student Medical Research Committee Award, the APSIH Award of Excellence in Medical Education, and culmination with a voluntary senior medical student thesis in Dermatology.
Dr. Behroozan then went on to complete an internship in Internal Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center followed by residency training in Dermatology at the Los Angeles County/Drew and Harbor-UCLA Medical Centers, where he was chief resident. Following residency, Dr. Behroozan completed a one year advanced fellowship in Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, dermatologic surgery, and cosmetic dermatology at the Methodist Hospital of the Baylor University School of Medicine in Houston, Texas under the direction of Leonard Goldberg, MD, FRCP, an international leader in Mohs micrographic surgery and dermatologic surgery. This is a coveted and competitive fellowship position that is awarded to a single dermatology resident a year based on academic and professional achievement and leads to board certification by the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Santa Monica Dermatologist
Following residency and fellowship, Dr. Behroozan was recruited to join the full time faculty in the Division of Dermatology at UCLA, an academic position consisting of clinical responsibilities and academic training of residents and students. At UCLA, he was head of Dermatologic Surgery at the Santa Monica-UCLA Dermatology center, and currently serves on the part-time faculty. He has lectured extensively and served as an instructor at numerous professional societies including the American Academy of Dermatology, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, International Society of Cosmetic & Laser Surgeons, Houston Dermatologic Society, Pacific Dermatologic Association, and the Los Angeles Metropolitan Dermatologic Society.
Dr. Behroozan resides in Los Angeles with his wife Shantel and his 3 children.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of the neck. Journal of Investigative Medicine 1999;47(2):11A.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Short pulse carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of the neck. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 1999;24(supplement 11):24.
- Christian MM, Behroozan DS, Moy RL. Delayed infections with occlusive dressings in full face carbon dioxide resurfacing. Dermatologic Surgery 2000;26(1):32-36.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Short pulse carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of the neck. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2000;43(1 Pt 1):72-76.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Cutaneous infection with Mycobacterium fortuitum following neck liposuction: A case report. Dermatologic Surgery 2000;26(6):588-90.
- Behroozan DS (Faculty Editor). “Dermatology.” In: Le T, Bhushan V, Amin C, et al. First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 (4th edition). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2003.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Upper eyelid rotation flap for reconstruction of medial canthal defects. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2005;53(4):635-38.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Dermal tumescent local anesthesia in cutaneous surgery. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2005;53(5):828-30.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Patient applied pressure hemostasis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2005;53(5):871-72.
- Behroozan DS, Glaich A, Goldberg LH. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans following tanning bed use. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 2005;4(6):751-54.
- Wong S, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Peri-alar crescenteric advancement flap for upper cutaneous lip defects. Dermatologic Surgery 2005;31(11 pt 1):1445-47.
- Glaich A, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Double rotation flap to repair two cheek defects in close proximity. Dermatologic Surgery 2005;31(12):1717-19.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Combined linear closure and burows graft for a dorsal nasal defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(1):107-11.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH, Dai T, Friedman PF. Fractional photothermolysis treatment of poikiloderma of Civatte. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(2):305-8.
- Glaich A, Behroozan DS, Cohen, J, Goldberg, LH. Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the skin: A report of two cases and review of literature. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(2):322-26.
- Glaich A, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Triple advancement flap for repair of lateral lip defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(3):415-17.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH, Dai T, Friedman PF. Fractional photothermolysis for treatment of surgical scars. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy 2006;8(1):35-38.
- Behroozan DS, Glaich, A, Goldberg LH. Mohs micrographic surgery for rapidly expanding, deeply penetrating benign cutaneous neoplasms. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(7):958-65.
- Krathen RA, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Island pedicle flaps for the repair of a nose, cheek, and lip defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2007;33(3):351-54.