- Skin Rejuvenation
- Body Treatments
- Hair Treatments
- Aesthetician Services
- CONTACT US
Daniel Behroozan, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Board Certified Dermatologist
Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon, Dermatologic Surgeon, Laser Surgeon and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Dr. Behroozan was named to the Southern California Super Doctors® 2019 list.
Dr. Behroozan is a top medical and cosmetic Los Angeles dermatologist and laser surgeon. He is the founder and director of Dermatology Institute of Southern California, a medical practice dedicated to comprehensive, state-of-the-art surgical and cosmetic dermatology with locations in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Dr. Behroozan is a diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology, fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery, fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, fellow of the Skin Cancer Foundation, and Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery in the Division of Dermatology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. In addition, Dr. Behroozan serves as an expert witness for the medical board of California.
As a highly gifted student, Dr. Behroozan graduated from high school at the age of sixteen, after which he started his undergraduate education at UCLA. During his undergraduate studies at UCLA he was a twelve-time recipient of the Dean’s Honor Roll Award. In addition, he received the National Honor Roll Award, Golden Key National Honor Award, and the Phi Sigma National Biology Honor Award. Dr. Behroozan graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with a BS in neuroscience and was awarded college honors at graduation for exemplary academic accomplishments. Moreover, he received the coveted Chancellor’s Service Award for his commitment to community service.
Top Los Angeles Dermatologist
Dr. Behroozan completed medical school at UCLA, where he was awarded the prestigious Lazar Merit Scholarship and the American College of Physicians Preceptorship Scholarship. Throughout his medical education, his academic accomplishments led to being awarded the Western Student Medical Research Committee Award, and the APSIH Award of Excellence in Medical Education. His medical school studies culminated with a voluntary senior medical student thesis in Dermatology.
Dr. Behroozan then went on to complete an internship in internal medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, followed by residency training in dermatology at the Los Angeles County/Drew and Harbor-UCLA Medical Centers, where he was chief resident. Following his residency, Dr. Behroozan completed a one year advanced fellowship in Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, dermatologic surgery, and cosmetic dermatology at the Methodist Hospital of the Baylor University School of Medicine in Houston, Texas under the direction of Leonard Goldberg, MD, FRCP, an international leader in Mohs micrographic surgery and dermatologic surgery. This is a coveted and competitive fellowship position that is awarded to a single dermatology resident each year based on academic and professional achievement. Dr. Behroozan is also certified by the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Through continued dedication, training and mastery of his craft, Los Angeles dermatologist Dr. Daniel Behroozan provides comprehensive, high quality dermatological services to clients in Santa Monica and Beverly-Hills.
Expert Dermatologist and Laser Surgeon
Following his residency and fellowship, Dr. Behroozan was recruited to join the full time faculty in the Division of Dermatology at UCLA, an academic position consisting of clinical responsibilities and academic training of residents and students. At UCLA, he was head of Dermatologic Surgery at the Santa Monica-UCLA Dermatology center, and currently serves on the volunteer faculy. He has lectured extensively and served as an instructor at numerous professional societies including the American Academy of Dermatology, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, International Society of Cosmetic and Laser Surgeons, Houston Dermatologic Society, Pacific Dermatologic Association, and the Los Angeles Metropolitan Dermatologic Society.
Dr. Behroozan has been voted one of America’s Top Dermatologists by the Consumer Research Council of America for five years in a row and was named numerous times to both the Southern California Super Doctors® as well as Castle-Connolly.
Dr. Behroozan’s Approach to Non-Invasive Treatments
Dr. Behroozan is the founder and medical director of Dermatology Institute of Southern California. He is a board-certified dermatologist in Los Angeles who specializes in laser surgery, cosmetic dermatology and Mohs (skin cancer treatment) and reconstructive skin surgery. He is one of the few dermatologists in Los Angeles with advanced training in non-invasive cosmetic procedures, making him amongst the most highly trained and esteemed dermatologists in California.
Dr. Behroozan is committed to delivering excellence in all aspects of patient care. The expert Los Angeles dermatologist regularly performs CoolSculpting, Ultherapy and other non-invasive treatments to help patients achieve the body of their dreams without social downtime or a lengthy recovery. His extensive knowledge of advanced laser technology ensures extreme precision during treatments, providing only the best results. Dr. Behroozan offers the highest level of medical and cosmetic skin care, which Castle-Connolly and Los Angeles Super Doctors recently acknowledged.
Dermatology Institute of Southern California, led by Dr. Behroozan, offers a myriad of non-invasive laser treatments ranging from Fraxel to Laser Hair Removal to PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). He takes a personalized approach to skincare and strives to achieve the best results with a high level of artistry and precision. In his spare time, Dr. Behroozan enjoys spending time with his wife Shantel and their three children.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Certified By The American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, INC.
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- 2014-2019 SuperDoctors Southern California
- 2014-2017 Castle Connolly Top Doctors
- Los Angeles Top Doctors 2018
PROFESSIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS:
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of the neck. Journal of Investigative Medicine 1999;47(2):11A.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Short pulse carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of the neck. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 1999;24(supplement 11):24.
- Christian MM, Behroozan DS, Moy RL. Delayed infections with occlusive dressings in full face carbon dioxide resurfacing. Dermatologic Surgery 2000;26(1):32-36.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Short pulse carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of the neck. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2000;43(1 Pt 1):72-76.
- Behroozan DS, Christian MM, Moy RL. Cutaneous infection with Mycobacterium fortuitum following neck liposuction: A case report. Dermatologic Surgery 2000;26(6):588-90.
- Behroozan DS (Faculty Editor). “Dermatology.” In: Le T, Bhushan V, Amin C, et al. First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 (4th edition). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2003.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Upper eyelid rotation flap for reconstruction of medial canthal defects. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2005;53(4):635-38.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Dermal tumescent local anesthesia in cutaneous surgery. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2005;53(5):828-30.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Patient applied pressure hemostasis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2005;53(5):871-72.
- Behroozan DS, Glaich A, Goldberg LH. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans following tanning bed use. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 2005;4(6):751-54.
- Wang S, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Peri-alar crescenteric advancement flap for upper cutaneous lip defects. Dermatologic Surgery 2005;31(11 pt 1):1445-47.
- Glaich A, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Double rotation flap to repair two cheek defects in close proximity. Dermatologic Surgery 2005;31(12):1717-19.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Combined linear closure and burows graft for a dorsal nasal defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(1):107-11.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH, Dai T, Friedman PF. Fractional photothermolysis treatment of poikiloderma of Civatte. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(2):305-8.
- Glaich A, Behroozan DS, Cohen, J, Goldberg, LH. Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the skin: A report of two cases and review of literature. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(2):322-26.
- Glaich A, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Triple advancement flap for repair of lateral lip defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(3):415-17.
- Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH, Dai T, Friedman PF. Fractional photothermolysis for treatment of surgical scars. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy 2006;8(1):35-38.
- Behroozan DS, Glaich, A, Goldberg LH. Mohs micrographic surgery for rapidly expanding, deeply penetrating benign cutaneous neoplasms. Dermatologic Surgery 2006;32(7):958-65.
- Krathen RA, Behroozan DS, Goldberg LH. Island pedicle flaps for the repair of a nose, cheek, and lip defect. Dermatologic Surgery 2007;33(3):351-54.