- Skin Rejuvenation
- Body Treatments
- Hair Treatments
- Aesthetician Services
- CONTACT US
Meet Luba Scherschun, MD
Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology
Dr. Scherschun is a Board Certified Dermatologist and specializes in medical and general adult dermatology.
Dr. Scherschun grew up in Detroit, Michigan. She completed her undergraduate studies at Wayne State University with a B.S. in Biology. She remained at Wayne State University for her medical school training. While in medical school she received the Janet Glasgow Award for the best 4 year medical school academic performance.
Upon obtaining her medical degree, Dr. Scherschun spent her Internal Medicine internship year at Beaumont Hospital in Michigan followed by her residency training in Dermatology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. Following residency, Dr. Scherschun was recruited to join the full-time academic faculty at Henry Ford Hospital. Since 2007, Dr. Scherschun relocated to Santa Monica and provided the highest dermatologic care to the beach communities around the South Bay, Whittier and Santa Monica.
Dr. Scherschun continues to be an active Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
PROFESSIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS:
- Rondina A, Kohen LL, Scherschun L, Kerr H. J Am Acad Dermatol. A Woman With Focal Alopecia. 2010 Sep;63(3):545-7.
- Gathers RC, Scherschun L, Malick F, Fivenson DP, Lim HW. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002 Aug;47(2):191-7. Narrowband UVB phototherapy for early-stage mycosis fungoides.
- Fivenson D, Scherschun L. Clinical and economic impact of Apligraf for the treatment of nonhealing venous leg ulcers. Int J Dermatol. 2003 Dec;42(12):960-5.
- Fivenson DP, Scherschun L, Choucair M, Kukuruga D, Young J, Shwayder T. Graftskin therapy in epidermolysis bullosa. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003 Jun;48(6):886-92.
- Fivenson DP, Scherschun L, Cohen LV. Apligraf in the treatment of severe mitten deformity associated with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003 Aug;112(2):584-8.
- Grossberg EB, Scherschun L, Fivenson DP. Ulcerating plantar keratoderma in association with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2001;10(9):650-2.
- Grossberg E, Scherschun L, Fivenson DP. Lupus profundus: not a benign disease. Lupus. 2001;10(7):514-6.
- Byrd JA, Scherschun L, Chaffins ML, Fivenson DP. Eosinophilic dermatosis of myeloproliferative disease: characterization of a unique eruption in patients with hematologic disorders. Arch Dermatol. 2001 Oct;137(10):1378-80. Review.
- Lim HW, Naylor M, Hönigsmann H, Gilchrest BA, Cooper K, Morison W, Deleo VA, Scherschun L. American Academy of Dermatology Consensus Conference on UVA protection of sunscreens: summary and recommendations. Washington, DC, Feb 4, 2000. J Am Acad Dermatol.
- Scherschun L, Kim JJ, Lim HW. Narrow-band ultraviolet B is a useful and well-tolerated treatment for vitiligo. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001 Jun;44(6):999-1003.
- Scherschun L, Lim HW. Photoprotection by sunscreens. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2001;2(3):131-4. Review.
- Scherschun L, Lee MW, Lim HW. Diltiazem-associated photodistributed hyperpigmentation: a review of 4 cases. Arch Dermatol. 2001 Feb;137(2):179-82.
- Samson Yashar S, Gielczyk R, Scherschun L, Lim HW. Narrow-band ultraviolet B treatment for vitiligo, pruritus, and inflammatory dermatoses. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2003 Aug;19(4):164-8.
- Cohen DJ, Scherschun L. Case reports: practical experience with efalizumab in hand and foot psoriasis. J Drugs Dermatol. 2007 Dec;6(12):1224-30.